Appointment and Payment Policies
Making, Keeping, and Cancelling Appointments
Appointments and Cancellation Policy
We work hard to accommodate your schedule and request for appointments. For an urgent need, we can often see established patients within 24 hours. However, it is best to schedule your appointment as far in advance as possible. Please respect your provider's time and others who may be waiting for an appointment by cancelling your appointment with 24 hours' notice if you are not able to make it. It is our policy to charge for appointments not cancelled with 24 hours' notice. Please note that your appointment may be re-scheduled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
Upon check-in, we require the following:
- Photo I.D.
- Your current insurance card
Please note that if you do not have these items ready upon check-in, we'll need to re-schedule your appointment.
You are responsible for obtaining referrals for your visit, if necessary, from your insurance company or primary care physician. Please have your referral faxed prior to your appointment or bring it in with you.
Courtesy and Visitor Safety
Due to the sensitive equipment in our office and out of courtesy for others, please turn off your cell phone when you are in our office. For the safety of your children, we ask that you make prior arrangements for their care. We cannot accommodate small children in exam rooms during a surgical or laser treatment procedure.
Insurance, Fees, and Financing
Our Spa offers a variety of cosmetic treatments and solutions that are not covered by insurance. We offer a complimentary consultation to address all your needs. Due to the personalization of recommendations, prices will vary. We offer financing through CareCredit.
Regarding treatments and solutions that are covered by insurance, the following is a list of our accepted insurance plans:
- ANTHEM (BCBS)
- AETNA— not contracted with indemnity plans (if you have a Select Plan, please make sure we have a referral)
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEW MEXICO—PPO, POS, HMO, indemnity (does not include Advantage Plans, Community, or Centennial Care)
- BEECHSTREET PPO
- BCBS OF NM (PIPE TRADE)—requires prior authorization
- CIGNA Open Access and PPO (non-contracted with HMO plans)
- GHI (Multi Plan network only)
- HCH (only if primary network is one we are contracted with—please verify)
- HEALTH SMART/FORTIS
- MEDICARE (established patients only; no replacement or advantage plans)
- MEDICARE (no replacement plans or advantage plans)
- MULTIPLAN effective 10/01/07
- NM HEALTH CONNECTIONS
- NM UFCW
- PHCS (merged with Multiplan)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE/DEFINITY
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (CHOICE PLUS)